6. Summary and Suggestions

Summary and Suggestions

1.1 Purposes of practicum
The practicum is very essential to student-teachers as it gives us the opportunity to practice the different theories, principles of teaching, different methodology, teaching strategies and different approaches we have learned from school and for us to explore the world of teaching and allow us to prepare on the field of teaching on our own when we will become a full-pledge and professional teacher.




1.2      Procedures of practicum
Practicumers are advised to have an observation to the their cooperating teacher for a week, then the following week is scheduled for the microteaching, then the remaining three weeks will be the schedule for the full teaching and student-teachers will handle the whole class for the rest of the day for 3 weeks. 


1.3 Outcomes of practicum
The practicum gives us feedback on our performance which would be our basis for improvement on our teaching skills and we will always carry it wherever we go to the rest of the world.


1.4      The challenges of practicum
My challenges from this practicum is on finding the materials needed for my lessons especially if its on the internet, the internet is very slow. Another is the adaptation of culture, though Philippines and Indonesia has something in common but there are still some differences that I need to adapt and adjust most especially if it touches to religious beliefs, most of the people living in the Philippines are Christians.


1.5 Overall impression
My overall impression to this practicum can be describe in one word and that is “magnificent”. Thought this experience it gives me a wide perception in the field of teaching as well as to my whole life. I was able to learn different skills needed in teaching aside from the strategies, methods, and techniques shared by my cooperating teachers assigned to me. Aside from that it also allows me to learn and appreciate teaching as tool to eradicate ignorance in life and could be a tool to promote peace and harmony especially to our region in Southeast Asia to be able to understand each other’s differences regarding to our culture, religious belief, and political views. It also allows me to become independent as I have to live by my own for the rest of the month far away from my family and relatives. And most importantly, it gives me enough knowledge to the career I choose, confidence and boot my moral as a teacher


1.6 Suggestions for future improvement
The only suggestion I could make is I hope that the practicum could be extended for a few months for us to learn more things from other nations in Southeast Asia.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7. DAILY ACTIVITIES

School: General Information and Academic Administration

4. Teaching Practice